MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR 30 ONTARIO SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT VENUES BECOME SPECTRA TODAY
Global Spectrum, Ovations Food Services, Paciolan Are Now Unified as Single Brand
Comcast Spectacor, a leader in the sports and entertainment industry, is raising the bar on live event experiences by announcing today that its three divisions - Global Spectrum, Ovations Food Services and Paciolan - now operate as Spectra, a singular, new brand. Clients and customers look for seamless experiences whether at a trade show, concert or sporting event. By serving clients as one business, Spectra can optimize full-service operations for the good of clients, customers and fans. Spectra is committed to innovating the live experience in ways that drive revenue and growth for venue owners, teams, event presenters, advertisers and sponsors.
Beginning today, Comcast Spectacor will consist of three primary businesses: the Philadelphia Flyers, the Wells Fargo Center and the new Spectra. In turn Spectra will consist of three divisions: Venue Management (formerly Global Spectrum), Food Services & Hospitality (formerly Ovations Food Services) and Ticketing & Fan Engagement (formerly Paciolan).
Spectra in Ontario
Spectra is a major provider of sports and entertainment hospitality services in Ontario. One or more of the divisions is at work supporting 30 venues and events, including:
- General Motors Centre (Venue Management, Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- FirstOntario Centre (Venue Management)
- Budweiser Gardens (Venue Management, Food Services & Hospitality, Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Mattamy Athletic Centre, Ryerson University (Venue Management)
- WFCU Centre (Venue Management, Food Services & Hospitality, Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Hamilton Place (Venue Management)
- Molson Canadian Studio (Venue Management)
- Centrepointe Theatre (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Centre in the Square (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Grand Philharmonic Choir (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Mississauga Living Arts Centre (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- RBC Bluesfest Ottawa (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place (Food Services & Hospitality)
- The Registry Theatre (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Shenkman Arts Centre (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Kitchener Rangers (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Oshawa Generals (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Ottawa 67’s (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Ottawa Fury (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Ottawa REDBLACKS (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Ottawa Senators (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Soo Greyhounds (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Windsor Spitfires (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Windsor Express (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Canadian Tire Center (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Essar Center (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- TD Place (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
- London Knights (Ticketing & Fan Engagement)
These locations and events are some of Spectra’s 300-plus clients at more than 400 global properties that host millions of visitors annually.
“Spectra is all about creating unforgettable moments for fans,” said Dave Scott, President of Comcast Spectacor. “We can do that best with all services under one umbrella to provide end-to-end solutions for venues, redefining fan experiences everywhere.”
The Spectra Advantage
This proactive approach to modernizing the entire ecosystem of details involved in live event management has driven the growth in bundled relationships with clients like the WFCU Centre which is operated by Spectra Venue Management and supplied by Spectra Food Services & Hospitality and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement.
“The successes that clients like these are experiencing with multiple services at one location is what inspired us to move from a house of brands to a branded house as Spectra. It gives clients a more integrated, streamlined and powerful resource to host extraordinary events,” Scott added.
Bundled Spectra services are also supporting locations like Budweiser Gardens (London, ON), the PPL Center (Allentown, Pa.), Alaska Airlines Arena (Anchorage, Alaska), the Crown Complex (Fayetteville, N.C.), the Cross Insurance Arena (Portland, Maine) and Florida State University’s Tucker Center. At the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines all three Spectra divisions are already engaged. In Des Moines, this bundled approach has resulted in significant increases across the board: gross Convention Center revenues up 64 percent over nine years; number of events up 31 percent since 2012; online ticketing revenue up 52 percent and total tickets sold up 25 percent since 2012; and food and beverage revenue up 63 percent in the arena and 18 percent in the convention center since 2012.
“Engaging all three divisions of Spectra to manage the Iowa Events Center operations has proven to be a home run for Polk County. The financial return, the synergies of common goals, and the unified customer service strategy is first-class,” said Supervisor Angela Connolly, Chair of the Polk County Board of Supervisors. “As a single company, I expect that Spectra’s ‘one team’ approach will only grow stronger, which is so important for venues like ours.”
Spectra Venue Management sets the standard for the industry across a full range of services that impact the bottom-line success of public assembly venues. These include consulting and pre-opening, marketing and sales, corporate partnerships, concert and event booking, ticket services and box office management, customer service, operations and engineering, finance and administration, and management of ancillary services.
Spectra Food Services & Hospitality, the mantra is its Everything Fresh™ philosophy. This division delivers the industry’s most innovative and profitable food services and hospitality management solutions including merchandise management, facility design, marketing and branding, purchasing, consulting and pre-opening, and data and analytics. Specializing in services for sports venues, convention centers and cultural attractions, fairs and entertainment, gaming and hotels, Spectra Food Services & Hospitality serves over 250,000 events and 30 million guests each year throughout North America.
Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement is a leader in ticketing and CRM (customer relationship management), fundraising, marketing services, data and analytics, and corporate partnerships. With 35 years of experience delivering superior customer service, revenue growth and life-long fan and patron relationships, Spectra Ticketing and Fan Engagement manages more than 120 million ticket sales per year for live entertainment organizations across the country. Primary markets include college athletics, professional sports and arenas, arts venues and performing arts centers.
Spectra by Comcast Spectacor is the expert in hosting and entertainment, partnering with over 300 clients at 400 global properties to create memorable experiences for millions of visitors every year. Spectra’s expertise is embodied within three main divisions: Venue Management (formerly Global Spectrum), Food Services & Hospitality (formerly Ovations Food Services), and Ticketing & Fan Engagement (formerly Paciolan). Learn more at SpectraExperiences.com.
Comcast Spectacor is part of Comcast Corporation, a Fortune 50 media and technology company that operates Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pa., Comcast Spectacor also owns and operates the National Hockey League’s Philadelphia Flyers and the Wells Fargo Center venue. Visit us at ComcastSpectacor.com, PhiladelphiaFlyers.com and WellsFargoCenterPhilly.com for more information.